Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

Making Decisions and Telling People

Hello all!

Well The time is nearing where we are (almost) final on our decision to move to Ghana....We are def leaning toward yes at this point. We also have our master hearing in February where they make the final decision on our applications and such for the ever elusive green card. But at this point y'all can keep the damn thing! That's right I said it ;)

At this hearing we are hoping for a few things..
  • More time
  • Continuance of 6 months so we will be ultra prepared
  • Voluntary departure so my hubby wont have that nasty 10yr ban
Soo that's what it comes down to at this point.

We have also begun the process of telling folks not as a 'we might go to Ghana one day' but we are now saying 'yeah soo you need to work on that plane ticket to visit because we are definitely going'. Soo far all but one set of friends have been really nice and positive about the whole thing. My mom is finally coming around to the whole thing and our kids seem excited.

I am starting to get the anxiety of having to move possibly this summer, wondering about all the little tidbits of info I may forget ex: how do i send my existing mail to another country, malaria, vaccinations, packing all our stuff up and making sure to arrange our flight so that we can be there to either receive our things in time, or go without until it gets there, (me) finding a job, car situation here and what to do about it because we are still paying it off, if my EVO will work ok there.... ect ect..

Sooo as you all can tell I still have a boatload of research to do, but I am SUPER excited :)

p.s. If any of you readers know how I can find out info about any of the above, please let me know that would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. It's so exciting to go to a new country! I've done it a number of times and the excitement never gets old. I lived in Ghana twice for a total of almost 8 years and it's one of my favorite places!

    It's a poor country, but the people are generally cheerful and easy to talk to. If you have the right frame of mind, you'll enjoy living there. I have a lot of stories about my life there on my blog.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Footloose and thanks for your kind words!
      Your blog looks so interesting and I cant wait to start reading :)

      I hope I have the right mind frame. So far im still really excited to go and looking forward to meeting new friends.

      Thanks,
      Jennifer

      Delete