Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The craziness

I have been a very busy lady these past few months.
I'm finally starting to become more acclimated to Ghana and all that goes with living here as a foreigner. I still haven't caught malaria yet, but hubby did again....
I have actually got a job at a dental office part time. The dentist is really awesome and she is located at the lizzy sports complex.
My best friend Nancy came to visit me for 2 weeks, and it was an adventure. I'm very happy she came because she lifted me out of this funk I've been in since we arrived. We travel to kakumelmina castle, boti falls, and axim beach. Of course, we are in Ghana so some Ish is bound to happen like, when we got to the axim beach hotel, we found out (after I specifically asked numerous times over the phone) that our bungalow was not really on the beach. After a few expletives and apologies, we ended up staying there and moving to a two room bungalow right on turtle beach with a tire zip line next to the room :)
Also our two year old son caught the stomach flu, and a wicked diaper rash.
Annnnnd our car broke down on the way back to Accra from axim near takoradi!!
We actually (thought) we were fortunate to break down near a auto repair shop, but of course after many many hours and a cranky baby, we had to leave it there and find a hotel in takoradi.
The next morning they called and said the couldn't fix it so we had to pay 220 ghc to tow it 30 mins to takoradi!!
Sooo me and my baby, Nancy, and her friend that came along, had to take the diplomat bus back to Accra, and my husband had to catch the next one after because the stupid driver, even after I bought my husbands ticket, could not wait for him.
Thennn, those jerks wanted me to wake my sleeping two year old and put him on my lap, so someone could sit in the seat I paid for!! Gah!!
I told them I'm not moving my son your shit outta luck!
If I could understand two, I'm sure I would have heard people calling me all sorts of names as my friend told me later ( probably because they knew I'd go ape shit lol)
Sooo we made it home, Nancy made her flight, and tonight I'm in a gourmet cooking mood and relaxing on my porch!
Still was a great vacation tho :)

No comments:

Post a Comment