Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Robberies, Funerals and Moving Time

Well it's been a while. I figured I'd take advantage of this lovely, much needed rainy day to write.
Where do I begin....well from February to now has been very trying for our family. Too many daily problems and tragedies going in these past months. I'm not gonna lie and say we haven't had god times, but for now, the bad outweighs the good.
Lets start with February.......
We hired an electrician who worked for the estates we live in now to connect a generator for us as well as misc things...he seemed like average guy, just working but weirdly very talkative, he would try to play with the neighbours dogs and our son and such. Well anywho, we should have know what he really was doing was scoping out the place, because just a few days later we were robbed in our home, while we wee sleeping. We didn't hear a thing! Hubby woke me up the next day said we were robbed and showed me the missing kitchen burglar bars (cheap ass kumsark) and we were missing my iPad, hubby's asus slider tablet, brand spanking new blackberry, smart phone and about $1300american dollars.....
Yeah we were devastated. We usually don't keep that much money in our house but I was making an order for my new business, and found out we can't western union money out here, just receive,  so we were just going to wire the next day.....
We went to the police and told them who we thought it was and lo and behold this guy has already got a long robbery record! The people who manage our estates are hiring criminals, can't say I'm really shocked tho...after a long couple days and me tricking the guy to come back to finish work, he was caught. That would be great and all if the police weren't friends with him and attend his wife's spot. They searched the house and found nothing and he somehow had money for bail and got out the next day..all I know is some local is out here ballin outta control with that money. But we have no choice but to let go and move on right? So we did, and just raised our walls higher, added extra bars to the windows, got a dog...we are ok now

Lets go to March.....
My MIL has been battling cancer for a while and since the doctor gave her a poor prognosis, she decided to come here and seek alternative treatments. So me and the hubby were getting the house ready, her favourite foods and drinks. Basically making everything nice and comfy for her arrival, plus we were both excited to see her since it had already been three years since our last visit.
Hubby heads out to the airport to pick his mom, gets a text that says she didn't make the flight....long story short, she passed away that morning...
Def was not expected at all.family devastated. We actually have the funeral this weekend to say
Goodbye...don't even want to elaborate on the emotional side of this because this is ongoing and it's a process to say the least..all I can do is be here for my husband in his time of need..

April to now has been intense funeral planning by my hubby and his brothers. Talk about a new version of culture shock. Ghanaian funerals are way too much, not the funeral but dealing with relatives and getting them to agree or you just going along with it all. Again not gonna elaborate because I may hurt some feelings.....

Annd now we are in May. I have been waiting for this month because it signifies endings and new beginnings....We say goodbye to this house that has been the source of many an argument. And say hello to West Legon to a bigger space, with more land and security. Fresh starts are where it's at..cannot wait!!!

The happy moments of these past few months has been celebrating 2 of my children's birthdays, albeit , one oversees and one here...just so proud that all my babies are growing and healthy. All I can do is be thankful for that :) plus IM GOING HOME in July!!!!! Yay!!!!! Already bought my tickets, ill be home for a month. My hubby and son will still be here tho, but I gotta see my girls and my family :) I have learned that living here you must take periodic vacations from this place or you will go crazy, at least I do....

Well enough with the long post, I hope to write again sooner, after we are all settled in the new place :))

No comments:

Post a Comment